Dr. Terri Mitchell
1. Give a brief definition of the following: a rhythm b. beat c. melody d. harmony
2. Explain how Ragtime music combines the elements of both Europe and Africa.
3. What are the instruments found in a standard rhythm section?
4. How did the minstrel show change after the Civil War?
5. What was the name of the area in New York where the music publishing industry evolved in the late 1800s?
6. Who was one of the most important songwriter before the Civil War? What styles did he compose in?
7. How did the influence of minstrel shows carry over into American popular entertainment AFTER the shows were no longer popular?
8. What were both positive and negative contributions of the minstrel show in American life and popular song? (at last 2 each!)
9. How did James Reese Europe influence popular music? What dance did he help popularize?
10. What are the three main sources of popular music? What did each contribute to the popular sound?
11. What is meant by the blues form? Discuss the harmonic form and how the text (words) are organized.
12. Who was Bessie Smith? What style of music is associated with her and what are 3 contributions she made to popular music?
13. How did ragtime change the way African American composers viewed their own music?
14. What kinds of stage entertainment became popular after the Civil War?
15. Who was the most important composer of concert band music in the late 1800’s?
What three traits does his music share with Stephen Foster and George M. Cohan?
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.