ACCT495 Capstone Project Fall 2016 Part 1 Adjusting entries & Statements
Year-end Adjustment Data for Roxy and Harley Corp is as follows:
1. $300,000 in sales on account had not been recorded but were shipped FOB Shipping Point on December 31. The cost of this inventory was $140,000. Roxy and Harley uses a perpetual inventory system.
2. Employees are allowed to carry over up to 10 days of earned vacation days per year up to 40 days. Employees earn an average of $190 per day. A total of 1,000 earned vacation days will be carried over to 2017. It is probable that the employees will take the vacation days.
3. Income tax expense is 30% of income before income tax.
4. The Research and Development account includes current year costs of $380,000 and R& D Equipment with a cost of $200,000 and an estimated useful life of 10 years.
5. You discover that a product sale was made and recorded in December for $100,000; the product had not yet been shipped. The cost of the product was $58,000.
6. The Prepaid Expense account balance includes the $300,000 cost of a two year insurance policy purchased on April 1, 2016.
7. Depreciation & Amortization expense for the year is $275,000
8. Interest expense accrued on its long-term liabilities is $82,620.
9. A dividend of $147,000 was declared on December 16, to be paid on January 15, 2017
10. It is estimated that 6% of accounts receivable will be uncollectable.
A. Correct the trial balance by putting the accounts in the typical account number order
B. Record the adjusting journal entries
C. Compute the adjusted trial balance amounts
D. Prepare in good form:
a. Income Statement
b. Balance Sheet
c. Retained Earnings Statement
E. Compute the following ratios: Current Ratio, Profit Margin on Sales, Debt to Assets, Earnings per Share, and Book Value per share
F. Record Closing Entries
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.