Students will write an essay comparing the plays Othello and Hedda Gabler. The focus of the essay should utilize one of the five topics below:
1. Contrast the different degrees of deception and control committed by Iago and Hedda
2. Analyze the different levels of gullibility and manipulation of Roderigo and George Tesman
3. Contrast the varying weaknesses and character flaws of Cassio and Lovborg
4. Analyze the meekness and naïveté of Desdemona and Mrs. Elvsted
5. Contrast the two suicides of Othello and Hedda (motivations, meanings, contexts of the actions, etc)
1. Essay must be typed, effectively titled, double-spaced, and at least 1250 words; essays may exceed 1250 words (to a max of 1500), but fewer than 1250 words will result in a penalty (2 points will be deducted for every 100 words essay falls sort of 1250 or exceeds 1500 words)
2. Essay must establish a clear argumentative thesis using one of the topics above; essays focusing on something other than an eligible topic above will incur a 20% penalty
3. Essay must include sufficient textual references to relevant passages from both plays equally; insufficient references to the plays will result in 5-10% penalty, while a 15% penalty will occur if no references are present
4. Essay must be submitted as an attached Word Document (DOCX) or a PDF file; it may not be typed or pasted into the Submission box (doing so will result in a 10% penalty and required re-submission)
5. Essay must begin with the following header in the upper left corner; any missing elements will result in a 5% penalty:
Date of submission
Your Unique Essay Title (followed by the topic number in parenthesis)
Keep in mind…
Argumentative essays are only effective if the argument being made actually needs to be made. In other words, it is unacceptable to argue something that no reasonable person would disagree with (like proposing that April follows March). While it may be a fair statement, one could not claim the thesis that “Cassio and Lovborg both have difficulties handling their alcohol.” That statement would be inarguable because no intelligent reader would be able to deny that it was true. Likewise, to claim that “Hedda and Iago both manipulated and deceived the other characters” would also be obvious and would not qualify as a thesis. This too would be considered a reasonable conclusion that any reader would draw about the characters.
Additional to the student’s analysis and opinions about the plays, all papers must cite at least two critical secondary sources (found via EBSCOHOST, JSTOR, or another reputable critical database.) Be aware that plot summaries are not secondary sources and will not be acceptable. Students are not permitted to use Wikipedia, Spark Notes, eNotes, or other non-scholarly materials. Correct MLA style of documentation is required, including correct in-text citations and a separate works cited page(equating to 25% of the assignment value).
NOTE: Unlike all other assignments eligible for partial credit if submitted within seven days of the deadline, this 1250-word essay is not eligible for any partial credit if submitted late and, therefore, may not be submitted after the posted deadline for any reason. Once the deadline passes, students who had not submitted their assignment will receive a zero.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.