IMPORTANT: AFTER PURCHASE, OPEN THIS PAGE AGAIN AND SCROLL DOWN BELOW TO DOWNLOAD FILES WITH ANSWERS.
1. Which of the following is the primary goal of a not-for-profit healthcare organization? Choose the best answer.
2. Culver County Hospital has the lowest cost of any hospital in its region. However, it has continually reported very large operating losses and has depended upon tax support from the county. Assuming that positive operating margins are an objective of Culver County Hospital, the hospital could be described as:
3. The controller in a hospital is usually responsible for which of the following activities (choose all that apply):
4. One use of financial information is to assess the efficiency of operations. In that context, efficiency refers to:
5. A department manager most often uses his or her hospitals’ financial information for which of the following uses:
6. The breakeven point occurs where:
7. Assume that the clinic used the price that they need to exactly break even at 10,000 shots. Fewer people than expected showed up and purchased the flu shot. The clinic would:
8. A statement that reports inflows and outflows of cash during the accounting period in the categories of operations, investing, and financing, is called a (an):
9. A statement that reports the financial position (assets, liabilities, and stockholders’ equity) of an accounting entity at a point in time is called a (an):
10. The heading of every financial statement should contain the:
11. If the total book value of the assets of the accounting entity is $4,350,000, and the total liabilities of the accounting entity are $1,235,000, the stockholder’s equity in the accounting entity is:
12. A for-profit nursing home has beginning-of-period retained earnings of $40,000. Net income for the period totals $75,000 and dividends declared during the period total $15,000. The balance sheet total for retained earnings will be what amount?
13. Total revenues for the period are $50,000, operating expenses and costs $30,000, gains $3,000, and losses $1,000. The net income before taxes will be what amount?
14. Which of the following reflects the fundamental accounting equation (or balance sheet equation) in a not-for-profit, business-oriented healthcare organization?
15. Deferred revenues are:
16. The _____ is a way for organizations to improve the collection and communication of financial and operating information.
17. Which of the following is the BEST example of a financial metric?
18. _____ is the most important financial metric to review to determine long-term financial viability.
19. Which of the following is not one of the four critical questions that must be answered for dashboard reporting?
20. What is/ (are) the primary determinant(s) of firm value?
21. A nursing home projects asset growth at 10 percent per year over the next 10 years. If it wishes to reduce its reliance on debt financing, what rate of equity growth over the 10-year period will be desired?
22. How can a for-profit healthcare firm increase its equity?
23. Program A has a profit of $5,000 and an investment of $100,000, while program B has a profit of $10,000 and an investment of $220,000. Which program has the better ROI?
24. What is net working capital?
25. A program in a health care firm with high market share and low ROI is regarded as a:
Numeric Problems (25 points)
1. Given below is a list of account balances for Currie Hospital as of December 31, 2013. Prepare a balance sheet as of December 31, 2013, in proper form. (Hint: You will need to compute the net assets account. Assume that all net assets at the beginning of the year are unrestricted.)
Gross plant & equipment
Other current liabilities
Net accounts receivable
2. Below is a list of accounts for Currie Hospital for December 2013 (annual amounts). Prepare a statement of operations for 2013 in good form.
Net assets released from temporarily restricted accounts for operations
Net patient service revenue
Transfer to parent corporation
Bad debt expense
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.