Rewrite the grade program from the previous chapter using a function called computegrade that takes a score as its parameter and returns a grade as a string.
1. Write a custom function with the definition def computegrade(<your score variable>):
2. The function should compute the grade using the score variable based on the table above. You can use if-elif statements to accomplish this
3. Ensure your function has a “return” statement to return the computed grade back to the calling program
4. Once the function is defined, proceed to writing the part of the program that takes in user input for score.
5. Validate that the score is numeric within a try-except block.
6. Invoke the above-defined computegrade function with the user-supplied score. Ensure you capture the return value within your program into a variable placeholder, or else use the print statement to print the return value directly
7. Be sure to comment your program adequately!
8. Remember your Python code will be graded according to our class Rubric.
9. Submit your Python code file. Name it “XXXX-score-function.py” where XXXX is your name.
10. Submit also a Word document showing screen shots of the various testing conditions. Good programmers test all cases, so you should make sure you show tests for each possible grade level (A through F) plus error messages.
here is the code I did. run it, it works.
just need to reflect the computegrade and make that work too
# Given a given a numerical grade between 0.0 and 1.0
#This program converts the numerical score in letter grade.
#Prompt user for score between 0.0 and 1.0
prompt1 = “Please enter a score between 0.0 and 1.0: “
#convert input to float, because the input statement accepts user input as a string by default
#Wrap within a try-except code block to exit gracefully as the conversion will fall if the user supplied a non-numeric input!
score = input (prompt1)
score = float(score)
#Print the result
if score <=1.0:
if 0.9 <= score <= 1.0:
print(“Your grade is an A”)
elif score >= 0.8:
print(“Your grade is a B”)
elif score >= 0.7:
print(“Your grade is a C”)
elif score >= 0.6:
print(“Your grade is a D”)
elif score < 0.6:
print(“Your grade is an F”)
print (“Error, score cannot be greater than 1.0”)
print (“Error, please enter a number”)
#End of Script
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.