PHIL 201 QUIZ 4
NOTE: PAST ANSWERS ADDED AS A BONUS
1. Which of the following represents the key difference in thought from Descartes to Bacon?
the inductive method
experience of the physical world
particular ideas in the mind
critique of Aristotle
1. Descartes believed that all men were born a tabula rasa.
1. For Locke, which of the ideas below would be a complex idea:
1. Plato’s forms exist apart from the physical objects that they represent in the world experienced by our senses.
1. Which of the following can be classified as a priori knowledge?
1. By “noumena” Kant is referring to
the raw sense data before it enters our mind
the organization of the raw data by our mind
what we can know
the foundational beliefs that form the basis for our knowledge
1. According to the pointecast presentation on truth theories, Coherence is a sufficient condition for truth, but it is not a necessary condition for truth.
1. Scientific anti-realism is the view that science does not claim objects like electrons actually exist. They are just a fictional construct to explain how things work. This view fits best with which truth theory:
1. An argument used by Descartes to prove Gods existence:
1. Plato develops the traditional view of knowledge in one particular book of his. What is the title of that specific book by Plato? (Note: “Complete Works” is not the answer.)
1. Even after the Gettier problem, Dew and Foreman think that JTB is still at least a necessary condition for knowledge.
1. The study of epistemology has had positive impact of which of the following?
1. As long as justification is present, one can be assured that he/she has real knowledge.
1. Knowledge has traditionally been defined as Justified, true, opinion.
1. Gettier Problems show that:
JTB fails to properly account for a kind of belief.
JTB fails to demonstrate the truth of a claim.
JTB does not require biblical support for truth claims.
JTB may be based on weak justification or invalid inferences.
1. Pragmatist theories of truth focus mostly how well a set of belief “work” for a particular person.
1. The correspondence theory of truth is thought by some philosophers to be a pre-theoretic intuition that we philosophize with, not to.
1. According to Dew and Foreman, if something exists, then something must be true of about the things that exists.
1. Which of the following is not one of the reasons Dew and Foreman give to show that truth really does exist.
The denial of truth is self-contradictory.
The denial of truth is challenged by the nature of reality itself.
We have strong intuitions about truth.
The modern advancements in political thought.
1. The correspondence theory of truth holds that statements are true when they correspond to the real state of affairs in the world.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.