-Each answer should use the following formula (Assertion, Evidence, Commentary). -First, make an assertion (a statement in your own words that posits the point you want to make). This can be 1-2 sentences.
-Then, cite from the text a quote that supports your assertion. Quotes must have proper MLA in-text citations which is author’s last name and page number. Ex. “Stand up, children” (Sophocles 711). If author is unknown use the title of the text; i.e.. (Gilgamesh 105).
-Finally, justify the quote by explaining in your own words how it supports the assertion. This should be at least two sentences.
Here is an example of what an answer might look like if the question were as follows:
Example Question: As is common in many ancient epics, women play an extremely important role in the development of plot and in shaping the actions of the male characters. Give one example of an important female role in The Epic of Gilgamesh.
Example Answer: Although a minor character in the story, the prostitute Shamhat plays a very important role in the epic tale. They ask her to give of herself to tame the wild beast Enkidu and she does so without hesitation. The hunter take Shamhat to Enkidu and tells her to “open your embrace, open your embrace, let him take your charms!” (Gilgamesh 103). By doing so, she tames Enkidu. As a result, the wild beasts no longer welcome him and he must then turn to Gilgamesh as a friend. Thus, Shamhat’s actions set-up the action for the rest of the epic tale.
This was just a sample question. The Actual 10 questions from which you can choose begin on the next page!
1. According to Augustine, conversion is rarely a conscious act or an act of will. Rather, it is something that one comes to unconsciously through life experiences. Explain how he shows this idea through his work, Confessions.
2. In Book IX of Confessions, Augustine eulogizes his mother with a kind of moral biography, adding further dimension to the record of his own life and showing the spiritual perfection he discovered at her urging. Give an example from this section and explain how she influenced his eventual return to Christianity.
3. Dante was the leader of the Dolce stil novo (“sweet new style”), a poetic movement that explored the relations between earthy, secular love (love of people) and Divine Love (love of God). Give an example of this from Inferno. Cite from the text. Explain how that citation shows the similarities or differences of earthy love and Divine Love.
4. The triune (three-in-one) nature of Christian divinity- a single entity comprised of three aspects (Father, Son, Holy Spirit)- is the basis of structure and style in Dante’s poem. Give an example of the use of the triune (3 or a multiple of 3) in Dante’s poem.
5. Like The Canterbury Tales, one narrative path of The Inferno follows the embedded tales of characters, historical and legendary, who implore the narrator to report the truth to the living world. Give one example of a historical character that the narrator meets in Hell and explain the truth that they are imploring him to report.
6. From Chaucer’s knight down to the Wife of Bath’s knight, the warrior class was supposed to uphold the values of chivalry. Writers of medieval romance often connected moral duty and romance to the discipline of those seen as warriors. Give an example of this connection of duty and romance with the knights seen in Chaucer’s tales.
7. Medieval narrative tended toward allegorical storytelling that emphasized monolithic (one big) truth over subjective experience and broad moral lessons over individual knowledge. Give an example from Canterbury Tales that exhibits a moral lesson. You must explain the moral established by that tale.
8. A key theme of The Canterbury Tales as a whole-and at the center of many disputes on the road-is the notion of secular versus clerical authority. Give an example of this from either tale and explain
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.